Sawyer Hall was the first fraternity house in 1916. Mrs. Nettie S. Sawyer was our first & only House Mother. Six to nine brothers lived in the house & many others ate meals there. Sadly in the Fall of 1920 the fraternity left Sawyer Hall due to financial issues.
By 1950 Frat Row emerged on the southeast end of campus. Plans were made to secure a loan for a permanent fraternity house with a successful $12,000 fundraising campaign organized by the alumni. The ground breaking began in 1950 and in May 1951 the actives & alumni gathered for the dedication ceremony at the 26th Rendezvous. Over the next several years the brothers worked hard to complete the Bird House with trees, building the Zanja Bridge, buying furniture, & restoring the President's chair.